Friday 24 July 2009

Little bear has been almost behaving

I have not posted for a little while about little bear. You see, I have never made anything up about little bear because I have never needed to, and he has been remarkably calm.

Of course I have had the usual chases, grabs, cuddles, kisses, bumps and spills, but nothing that is really blogworthy.

He is going to nursery twice a week, and being very good. He is on cuddle terms with most of the local shops. He is starting to say so many more words. The finality he uses when he emphatically dumps half a ham sandwich into the bin and says 'Done!' has to be heard to be believed.

I like the nursery a lot, but one thing does bother me. They take the little ones on very long walks. Little bear is only two and one half, and though he is active and big for his age, he is only a toddler. Yesterday the little ones all walked down to a library two miles away (checked on a map), looked at some books and walked back. They even got a little bit of rain.

It just seems such a long way for a little one. I know that I walked similar distances at his age, and he seemed happy enough. I will say that at 7.10pm last night little bear was standing at the foot of the stairs with his teddy calling for his Dad to start the bedtime routine, and if he hadn't had a very loud nappy I think he would have slept a lot longer than twelve hours!

No comments: