Monday 6 July 2009

Stopping the shopping - lost count of the number

Well, I thought I would perhaps stock up a bit for swine flu - get in some lemsip and tinned custard. Nothing major.

But I was running low on this and could do with getting in that...

I don't expect us to be poorly but I do expect swine flu to be used as an excuse countrywide. For anything!

And once the total for the on line shop got above £70 it starts to get tempting. You see, if I order over £100 then I get free delivery... And you can always find things to put in your internet basket that 'will come in useful and won't go off, it makes sense really'.

So I am bracing myself to go back and pare down my order to the bone! The cupboards are bulging, the freezer is bulging, we do not need more 'stuff'.

It is interesting, however, as it has really highlighted to me my desire to stock up and keep buying 'just in case'. I am not sure if it is comfort buying or shopping addiction. I shall have to watch that!

No comments: