Wednesday 22 July 2009

Some shopping has stopped

A little while ago I thought I would like to collect things. It would make it easy to buy presents for me, and I could get things that I loved. I thought I would collect Spode. I could save up for some of the bigger pieces and the little spice jars (usually around £8) would be ideal for little bear to save up his pocket money for. I especially loved the Penny Lane, which they almost immediately stopped doing.

Then Spode went bust.

Earlier I was looking for something else in the cupboards and found a rather nice cup that I had bought from Whittards - perhaps I could collect that china, not too expensive to save up for and a lovely mid china blue. They don't do it any more.

I shall have to consider my options.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

This is very frustrating. I collect cookbooks, which the powers that be keep publishing at an alarming rate. Trouble is that the family expect that I will have time and inclination to cook from them, instead of just browsing through them and imagining!

Glad you are posting again - wondered if you were OK or just busy.

Morgan x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Sadly, I am struggling a little. But I am happy in myself, and dear heart and I are getting on better than ever!

And I shall do a whole post about cookbooks! I also collect them, and I never use them.

WS