Thursday 10 May 2012

Another rainy day

The water in the local beck is getting higher and higher.  It is only a small stream, but it is far, far above the normal water levels.  I shall be keeping an eye out.

The beck itself doesn't really flood, apart from into some local water meadow type fields.  However further down is a small reservoir which can get really full.  Then rubbish clogs the drainage channels and the reservoir overflows and runs down the nearest outlet - the big dual carriageway next to it. 

I have seen it flood twice, and it is very scary to see a huge river of water where there is normally traffic. It reached halfway up a telephone box (remember them?) last time. 

Hopefully the drains have been cleared and all is okay.  The poor plants and flowers that were so full of spring life just a while ago are now under water.  I hope they will be okay.

1 comment:

Kitty Greene said...

morning WS - yes it's getting a bit much now isn't it ? everytime I think I can get out in the garden it 'persistantly' rains again !!

ha - before I click - my two words are: river daytime !!