Tuesday 22 May 2012

Evil cat at war

Well, evil cat would be at war if she could. 

She is still quite spry, despite all the problems.  She happily balanced on her back leg last night despite her back problems as she tried to steal from darling father's dinner.  He was there, minding his own business, eating his dinner and watching Last of the Summer Wine, when this tabby paw kept creeping over the edge of his plate to try and hook some meat off.

She got some in the end.  Darling father is a complete soft touch.

Today I let her play in the garden as I ironed.  I realised that the door had clicked shut, went to open it to make sure evil cat could get back in, and found her at bay - ginger gentleman had cornered her and was behaving like intact tom cats do - he was being a complete thug.

He ran when he saw me, and evil cat hissed at his back.  As I coaxed her down the steps into the kitchen she hissed again, then inside when she was safe and the door closed she sort of grumbled, started climbing the first two steps up to the living room, thought, turned around and hissed again. 

I think she went back out in the hope of another face off as she likes a nice fight, but she is now recovering on a soft patch of sofa in the sun.  She weighs less than a kilo now, has bony growths on her spine, iffy kidneys and very iffy sight as the vet thinks that the retinas have detached - but she still won't back down to anyone. 

1 comment:

Kitty Greene said...

Hi WS - haven't been able to post recently, your comments box is always covered with an ad - is it supposed to be like that ?
I'm glad Evil Cat is still showing signs of fighting spirit, you must be doing something right !
I really, really enjoyed reading 'The Forgotten Village' - thank you so much for the link, and I hope you will produce more of the same ?
How are the Kindle sales going ?
I've opened my Etsy shop now and have had to look into the tax situation, not easy is it ? I'll be doing 'self cert' as I don't expect to make megga bucks.
Anyway, hope you and yours are well.