Tuesday 22 May 2012

Iron purpose

Felt flattened last night, so secure that little bear always wakes me at 6am I decided to iron his uniform in the morning rather than the night before, my usual pattern.  Little bear didn't wake until 7.45am.  That is okay, though, because we don't need to leave the house until 8.45am. 

So I pottered around, fed little bear, ironed his uniform (no sweater today, but I put a vest on, just in case) and put the clothes ready on a spare chair.  I want to be very clear, this chair is one that little bear doesn't sit in.  He sprawls on the sofa or sits in his own little furry chair.  Except today he sat in Grandad's chair and creased the freshly ironed shirt into a wrinkled mess.  I could have cried, as I only realised this just before we were due to go upstairs and get him dressed. 

I always wait until the very last minute to get little bear dressed in the morning, to protect his clothes.  Today this was a tactical error. 

Of course we got to school in plenty of time.  Now I am off to do more ironing in the hope that I can get to the stage where there is always another ironed one as back up!

No comments: