Friday 11 May 2012

Home cooked food

Last night was an okayish meal.  I had some meatballs OH had bought, which were lovely, and OH insisted on beans though I think greens would have been better.  The starch part, however, I am not sure about.

I got the recipe out of the 'I Hate to Cook Cookbook' by Peg Bracken which is a brilliant read.  It is so funny - chapters titled, 'Leftovers, or why every family needs a dog', and 'Potluck, or how to bring the water for the lemonade'.  It is very witty.

This was Mushroom Spuds.  To paraphrase, you coarsely grate four medium potatoes.  You heat a tin of condensed mushroom soup with half a tin of milk and stir it into the potatoes.  Cook for 1 hour fifteen minutes at a moderate/warm oven gas 4, 350F, 180C. 

OH loved it.  I am really not sure.  Little bear refused to touch it, but then he is currently refusing all forms of potatoes.  I am not sure about darling father.  He is always nice about my cooking, but he didn't polish his plate like OH did. 

Next time I may try cooking it at a hotter temperature.  Or in the Remoska.  Or try with parboiled potatoes.  Or just do chips. 

No comments: