Tuesday 1 May 2012

Dreary Day

I don't know if it is the weather, or the tail end of the really dreadful headache I had, or just me, but today is the sort of day when just washing the dishes is an achievement.

It shouldn't be. I saw little bear in his class spring show.   He was one of the narrators, and he just wasn't that into it.  I think he was just too tired.  He was doing tiny gestures when the rest of the class did big ones.  But he read well, looked adorable and I am so proud of him.

Evil cat is laying siege to the keyboard again - I am struggling to type.  Her repeat medicine came in the post today, along with a cat urine sample getting kit.  I looked at it and shuddered.  The idea is that you put these clean, non absorbent plastic balls in her litter tray and when she does a widdle you can get a sample of the results. 

We've been here before.  24 hours locked in a room with the sample tray, nothing happened.  Evil cat kept her paws crossed.  A further, continuously running on, 24 hours at the vet and nothing happened, evil cat had put a cork in.  Eventually the vet tried to squeeze some out of her.  That was when the quote 'she got a little bit hissy and a little bit scratchy' passed into the legend of evil cat.  They had to sedate her. 

I am not putting myself through that and I am not putting evil cat through that.  At the moment her tummy sounds like some strange and fermenting chemical works, I don't want to add to any stress. 

Though I wish evil cat would respect that and not add to my stress.  She is giving me the '110 decibel purr while sitting on the mouse' treatment and my headache is coming back.  

No comments: