Wednesday 2 May 2012

Squelch

I have a dehumidifier in our 'walk in cupboard' which helps the air circulate, takes the damp out of the vented air from the tumble dryer, dries clothes on an airer and generally takes in a lot of moisture.  It is attached to the room known as a dining room and since we had that outer wall sealed we only needed to empty it once every 24 hours, and when the tank is full it stops.  Except the little thingy on the tank that tells the thingy when it is full was stuck.

This meant that no matter how full the tank was, the dehumidifer kept pulling water out of the air and it spilled over and ran down onto the dining room carpet.

Over the last week or so I have been quite busy with trying to knit for next door and little bear being poorly.  So while I have kept up to washing, I certainly haven't kept up to ironing and it has spilled out over the carpet and the floor.  It has been on the very wet carpet.  The clean ironing has been getting wet and is going to be smelling musty.

In addition, I haven't been able to get to the dehumidifier to check that it was full or even empty it because of the huge swathe of ironing as I had caught up with my washing and I was also washing a lot of little bear's old clothes 'to get the dust off'. 

So I am going to have to go and try and work out what needs washing again (if it has got damp, it is going to get washed) and what just needs ironing.

I could cry.  There is just so much!  I think my best bet is to start with just ironing the stuff on top, sorting when the volume is a bit less and carry on with the washing. 

Glass half full - I fixed the dehumidifier.  And it is a great incentive to get working on the ironing.  And I need the exercise, and ironing is supposed to be a great exercise.  And while I am ironing I get a chance to think of the next bit of writing I am doing. 

Struggling to find the next bit of glass half full, but it will be there, I am sure.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Hugs - it can be so disheartening when this sort of thing happens, but think how relieved you will be when you get all this laundry finished!

xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

It was even more disheartening when evil cat did an arthritic leap, missed the top of the pile and the whole caboodle crashed into the really soggy patch. Actually I laughed my socks off.

It is a great spur to keep hammering at the laundry. Thank you so much for the hug! WS xxx

(also - is laundry ever finished... lol)

Kitty Greene said...

oh dear - life happens doesn't it ?
one of my cats ate his meal with great gusto and promptly gave it me back - lovely.
I then dropped the plate and broke it, then ran out of cotton for the curtains I'm making ! oh happy day .........
How is your mouth and tooth now ? is it fixed ?

Kitty Greene said...

whoo hoo ! I got ads on my site ! strewth can't believe the problems I've had with that, I've had to mess around with the HTML code - did you?
Anyway, they're in the main body at the moment, now if I can just figure out how to get some in the sidebar ............