Friday 4 May 2012

Voting

I voted yesterday. 

It was about 5pm when I dashed out and voted while darling father watched little bear.  And as I knew one of the ladies doing the count I asked if they had been busy. 

Only 136 had voted when I called in, including me. 

I was so tired, so stressed and so worried about leaving little bear with darling father that I sort of shot in, said hello etc and shot out.  I can't remember who I voted for.  That is very embarrassing indeed. 

I normally vote for the Green councillor who works really, really, really hard for the ward, and lets us know where her allowances go and what she does with what complaint.  I hope I did this time, but I can't be sure.  It's like that awful feeling when you are half way to town on a bus and you can't remember whether you have locked the door.  And you can't remember whether you locked the door because you were thinking about something else when you locked it (and you always have) and I was worrying about little bear when I voted. 

So that was my contribution to the democratic process.  I hope it's enough. 

No comments: