Thursday 17 May 2012

Sleep shouting

I was just winding down for sleep last night when little bear suddenly started letting out the most horrific shrieks.  I was half way up the stairs before I realised what was happening.  I shot into his room and the poor little lad was sitting up, wide eyed, pointing to his mouth.

I rushed over to cuddle him, and he just stared at me.  I asked, as it was looking a bit urgent, 'do you want to be sick?'  Little bear nodded and I dug out the bowl and put it in front of him, cuddling him as best I could. 

Little bear looked at the bowl, cuddled up to it, lay down and went to sleep.  I felt very silly trying to tuck up a large metal bowl with my little bear, but he didn't stir.  He was deeply, soundly asleep.  In fact, I am not sure he was actually awake at any point of this.

Of course, then he decided that he could only feel better by sleeping on the sofa at midnight, and he could only feel better by going to the toilet with mummy there at 2am, but he was awake for those.  It was trapped wind - too much fizzy water.

I still dragged him to school, little bear was most disappointed. 

1 comment:

ravylesley said...

Sybs,
I would have put it down to night terrors.Two of mine have had these and I was a total wreck being woken up every night to ear splitting screams.Hopefully it was just the fizzy water though as an isolated incident is so much easier to deal with

Lesleyxx