Wednesday 25 September 2013

A good start to the morning.

Bear woke me up at 6.45am as he had a headache.  He sat up, yelled for me and complained.  I considered my options.  He was likely to be full of aches and pains as martial arts yesterday was rigorous.  There is a new instructor who is very good with the little ones, but he is very, very keen on fitness.  Bear will be complaining about aching muscles for days.  Bear is also full of cold and hypochondria.  I suspect some of the sniffs are heading into his sinuses.  They are certainly not heading into tissues, despite my best efforts.  I gave him calpol.

Bear then decides that he wants cereal, but not any of the cereal we have in the house.  Negotiations continue and the issue of him insisting that he loves coco pops so I bought some and then bear refusing to consider them this morning was raised.  We settled on cornflakes which I dug out from the back of a cupboard.

Then we hit the problem of his packed lunch.  I had forgotten to cook his pizza the night before and I only realised at 8am.  I would never have it cooked and cooled enough to pack up by the time it came to leave the house.  I had two slices of bread left in the house and so I broke open my small emergency can of turkey meat.  As I was running a bit late the can wouldn't open.  The tin opener went round and round and round but I got nowhere.  I had to open it at the bottom as well and push.  I was unimpressed.  

Bear also announced that he only wanted healthy things in his lunchbox.  This is good.  However he won't eat the healthy things I put in his lunch box.  He won't eat cheese unless it is on a pizza.  He won't eat fruit unless the moon is in the right quarter.  He won't eat celery sticks any more, or raisins.  I gave up on yogurt a long time ago.  He also utterly rejected the small apple pie that he had insisted on last night.  I loathe the lunchbox anyway.  Bear isn't helping.

However bear was giggly, cuddly, charming, playful and happy.  I've just got back from dropping him off and I can't keep the smile from my face.  Definitely a good start to the day.

No comments: