Monday 23 September 2013

Approved Food Nostalgia

I have finally run out of the mammoth shipment of Maggi Sauce I got from Approved Food some time ago.  I couldn't tell you when the order was, it must have been a year ago, and it was a great deal.  I think I got about twenty bottles as it is an acquired taste and I can't always get it.  I am very sad and now trying to remember where I bought it before I got the shipping order.

The next big thing to go will be the sandwich bags.  I'm using more than ever since bear started taking packed lunches.  It will be a bit yet, I bought around a dozen rolls of 300 bags at 50p per roll, if I remember rightly - it was years ago, long before bear started school.  They will see the year out, I think, but then I will actually have to buy some - and at more than 50p for 300.

Sometimes there are deals on Approved Food that are just too good to miss.  Other times not so good.  So I remember the waterproof washing tablets and the strange dishwasher tablets that I can't use until I find the manual to tell me where to put the salt.  I need a bit of balance.  I am just so sad that I have finally finished my stock of maggi sauce and wondering if I will get as good a deal again.  This is risky thinking.  I really don't need to buy more stuff.

My next challenge is to get some more dishwasher tablets.  I aim for 10p per tablet.  I'll have a quick look in Makro and if I can get them at that price I will buy a shedload - again.  However I am getting bulk deliveries of less and less.  There is room to breath on the shelf which once held maggi sauce.  Soon I will be able to shut the drawer with the bags without fuss. Some things are worth it, especially in these days of rising food prices.  Some things are definitely not worth it and some things are in clearance shops for a reason.

There is real skill in shopping.

No comments: