Tuesday 3 September 2013

School has started

Bear was happy to go to school today, although he is currently exhausted after a hectic summer.  It was a very heavy eyed boy in brand new uniform that filed in to see his new teacher.  He still had the same book bag, lunch box and water bottle, though.  I'll wait until those wear out.

This also means a few hours a day when I don't have to worry about kids from a few doors away poking at my central heating vent.  I will be able to leave my kitchen door open for more than a few seconds.  I will be able to hang washing out without worrying too much.

I shall also hopefully have time to focus on things that I need to get done.  I would have got much more of a recharge and much more completed when bear was at holiday club if poor uncle hadn't been poorly but I don't begrudge that.  However I now have several hours of bear free time a day and uncle is stable so I want to get on.

I am now continuing with the clearout.  I am looking at a case and a kit bag.  They have not been used since before bear was born.  They are not likely to be used in the near future.  I would much rather take a few small bags than one large and the case is enormous.  I keep having to move it to somewhere else as I do stuff as it is so big it is always in the way and it doesn't have a proper home yet.  It is getting to the stage where if I trip over them one more time they will be hurled out of the window.

I am trying to work out what to do with stuff that is really too good for landfill, uneconomic and/or unrealistic to ebay and the charity shops are such a lot of bus fare and time away.   I can see the local church getting a lot of donations.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

Freecycle (or Freegle as it is now)?

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am mortified to admit that I couldn't work out how to work the computer type stuff for the local freecycle. Plus it is on Yahoo here (or was last I looked) and I don't seem to be able to work Yahoo.

However I will try again after that nudge which is a very good idea. WS xxx