Monday 9 September 2013

Morrisons PayDay Bonus



I love Morrisons.  I really enjoy their stuff, I love their fruit and veg and I can't wait until they do deliveries.  Of course I am eyeing up their latest offer.

First of all you have to spend £35 on three consecutive weeks, starting this week, and collect a coupon each week.  Then in the week commencing 30 September you have to spend another £35 and you will get £10 off.

If you are going to Morrisons anyway this is a good deal.  Effectively you will spend £105 to get £10 off. This is not bad.  It is particularly good about not having to stick to a particular range, you can get a lot of Morrisons Value stuff for £35.  Even so, in the current climate it is very easy to spend £35.

However I am not sure it would work for me.  First of all I would have to spend £3.90 four times to get to Morrisons.  If I had a ticket anyway that isn't so bad, but if I was making a trip I would not otherwise make then it would wipe out the savings.  As bear no longer goes to piano lessons, we no longer call at Morrisons.
The other problem I have about calling in on Morrisons is that if I actually go to the actual supermarket I spend a lot more than I spend on internet shopping.  If I can guarantee to go when bear isn't around, and can stick rigidly to what I need I can easily spend £35 on groceries.

However I just got a month's worth of meat from the farm shop.  I've filled up on frozen veg at the start of the month.  The delivery from the Market will keep me going easily until Friday when I have booked a new one.  Any short fall in potatoes can be made up at the local shops.  I am trying to run down my tins and packets.  This morning I had a delivery that was not much more than five bottles of Famous Grouse (it was a good deal) and three Tesco value pot noodles for when bear is in that humour.  I am so glad the driver didn't judge.

It's probably not worth me getting the coupons this time.  However I will be keeping a close eye on the whole thing.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

It does sound like a good idea, but we don't have a Morrison's close enough to go every week to spend the £35, so I will have to miss this one - shame! We are going to go to Morrison-town, some way north of us, every other week, but actually to go to Aldi as well.

Wannabe Sybil said...

It's frustrating, but one of those traps for unwary - if you are going there anyway, fine but if you are not then it could cost more than you save. You need a degree in shopping these days. WS xxx