Sunday 29 September 2013

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day here, we went to another local farm shop which was brilliant, though not as inexpensive in general.  Bear has just made (with a significant contribution from DH) the creamy sweetcorn soup which was delicious.  He ate a whole bowl full as well - he will be doing more cooking in future.

Darling father is poorly.  I have tried to persuade him that an out of hours doctor or A&E is the way to go.  He is adamant that he will go to the GPs tomorrow.  I cannot force another adult to do something they do not want to do.   Father is expert at nodding, smiling and doing what he decides to do.  I am really worried.

So I am trying to just enjoy the day, popping in regularly to see father and pottering around.  We have expensive lamb pinwheels for dinner, from the new farm shop, and I picked up some fresh ginger to go in apple crumbles.

Off to look into the practicalities of getting a second freezer, sending a gift to a relative and things to do in Cardiff - lots of fluff to try and ignore the worry.  I wish I was as expert at getting people to do what I want as I am at worrying.

No comments: