Wednesday 11 September 2013

Facing up to a Dreadful Fact

I am going to have to start baking again.



I am not enthusiastic.  It takes ages and makes a mess, well, it does when I do it.  Two facts are pressing down hard though.  One is just a vanity.  DH is having a bit of a time at work, and all the office is feeling a bit of stress.  This means I should really send in some banana bread.  It is a real pick me up for them.  This isn't particular vanity as apparently I am the only partner who bakes.  One of the new starters has a dad who bakes, and bakes very well.  I should rise to the Hyancinth Bucket challenge and send in some creations - except mine aren't that good.  I've had good reviews, though, and it really cheers his boss up, which helps.

The second fact is the awful truth that bear is trying to eat his own weight in sugar.  He is prising sweeties out of me, a teaspoon at a time, but it isn't good.  It would be so much better if he could eat something healthier.  However he is currently utterly rejecting fruit.  I expect that to change in the next month or two, just about when fruit gets more expensive, but there you go.  I want to be able to give him something a bit healthier, or even something that has sugar but also contains nutrition, like weetabix cake, or banana bread, or apple cake.

I've also got self raising and plain flour decanted into identical jars and I can't remember which is which.  I'm going to mope off and see what I can find for the microwave.

No comments: