Wednesday 11 September 2013

Bear is honest

I asked bear if he would eat any cakes that I made for him.

He thought for a moment.  'Nah, I'd just eat the icing off them.'  As he has done that to every other cake I have to believe him.

He also managed to wangle a curry pot noodle for dinner (I was seriously outflanked, but it won't work next time) and explained that the fresh drops of curry sauce on the tv remote were there before - honestly!

He isn't even a teenager!

I had one small victory.  Bear was bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored and he was sharing.  The explosion that happened when I suggested doing his homework kept me entertained for a while, but he consented to walk to the shop - mainly to get this dratted pot noodle.  He asked plaintively for a puzzle book.  I looked at him and looked at the book.  'This book is £1.95...' I began sternly.  'Nah, it's okay, I've changed my mind.' Bear had read the signs of '... and if you don't get the value out of that you will think the ceiling had fallen on you.'  He settled for a Doctor Who magazine.  I let him - DH will enjoy it later.

I really need to toughen up!

No comments: