Sunday 15 September 2013

Bear is onto me

Despite feeling an incredible amount of self pity I was getting the brisket in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.  Bear was not happy.  'I'm lonely,' he said, 'I want some company.'
'I need to get this ready for dinner,' I sounded a lot more convinced than I felt.  'I'll be up soon.'  The perils of having a kitchen on a different floor to the living room.
'It's okay, I'll sit on the steps and wait.'
My heart sank.  I was going to be heckled and badgered while peeling potatoes.  'Okay, that's nice.' I said breezily.  'We can talk about your homework.  You have eight words to learn and you need to fit them into four sentences.'
'I think I'll go up and watch Tom and Jerry.' Bear said quickly.

Today is a homework day.  I am considering delegating the battle to DH.

No comments: