Monday 16 September 2013

I found the Apple Pie

I found the apple pie.  DH and I had a nice slice.  I was ill again.  DH was fine.

I'm getting a bit fed up of this.  Today is officially a duvet day.

On the downside, Uncle, after refusing any hint or attempt to get a cleaner/carer/odd job person calling in on a regular basis, is stuck without a tv.  His tv has frozen.  It probably just needs unplugging and then plugging back in.  He currently finds it tricky to get to the plug, but for years has refused to learn anything about modern technical gear and instead asked my brother.  My brother lives near me, far away from uncle.  It is just not doable for him to pop over.

So uncle is stuck in a chair, not able to go out, no tv and not really able to enjoy his computer games as he says it is not so comfortable at the moment.  There is nothing I can do.

My uncle's solutions are to tough it out until my brother gets there and/or buy a new tv.  I am still worrying.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Is there really nobody you know who lives near enough, who could pop in to see Uncle?

It would be such a weight off your mind

Wannabe Sybil said...

The problem is, he has assumed that people who would go there in an emergency would go there at his convenience. He has taken advantage. I've tried to explain. Now they call a lot less frequently. The tv is now working, so that is something, and I manage a couple of phone calls per day. It is such a mess. Thank you for the hug. WS xxx