Tuesday 24 September 2013

Trusting my Instinct

I have decided against getting the Tesco Delivery Saver.  I worked out it could save some pennies if I was careful and used my judgement.  However to get it you have to allow a Continuous Payment Authority.  You give all your card details and the deal will automatically be renewed unless you cancel it.

I don't feel comfortable about CPAs.  I know that there are all sorts of things you can do but they are not like Direct Debits.  They are hard to cancel if the other party isn't playing nice.  They are hard to cancel from the payer's end.  They have had a lot of bad publicity.

I really don't like being locked into things.  Bad things can happen, you never know what is around the corner.  If the unexpected hit I do not want to be locked into a contract that meant I had to pay no matter what my circumstances.  Sometimes it is worth it, but I always sign up with a heavy heart.  So I decided to just go to paying as I go.  Financially an argument could be made for it, but I would rather trust my instinct and feel comfortable about my orders.

Besides, I am hoping to struggle to get to £40.  This week's order is in, and at the moment it stands at £67.36 and that includes £50 on Famous Grouse (it really is a good deal!).  It will probably creep up as tomorrow goes on, but I shall keep a close eye on matters.

No comments: