Wednesday 23 March 2011

Accidental clutterbust

Last night was 'get all the bins out before the binmen come tomorrow' night. OH did the downstairs bins and I was doing other things. This morning I noticed a very large bin sack missing. Originally it was split, which was great because I could see that the bedding was in there. But OH put it in another bin sack and tied it up tight. He put it next to the kitchen bin because then it was out of the way. And last night, with awful inevitability, he threw it out, convinced it was rubbish that I had inexplicably failed to take to the bin.

It was very full of good quality bedding. I don't need bedding, quite the opposite, but Nice Mr Next Door could do with all the rags I can spare. However it is not to be.

Also there is another bedding question hovering over the clutterbust. Nearly thirty years ago my late great aunt bought me a snuggle blanket. It was unheard of then, it was one of the first bits of fleece I had ever seen and it sort of buttoned up here and popped up there and you cuddled up in it - much more efficient than the current snuggle rugs because it covered your back, and then it goes out flat to become a blanket. The cats used to fight over it as it was so warm. It now shows a great deal of wear. It is pulled and fluffed and tired looking. It is still warm, and I am sure it would make a great lining for a throw, but we have lots of throws. We have warmer blankets of a more suitable size. There is lots of use in it, but I don't know when we would use it. And it is far too battered to sell at a charity shop. But really it is too good to throw out.

I think the way I feel about this blanket is a good way of understanding why I NEED to clutterbust

4 comments:

Emma said...

Animal shelters are always looking for blankets, towels and bedding thats to shabby for any other use.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you! I shall see if one near us can take stuff. I really appreciate the info. WS x

ravylesley said...

Your local Womens Refuge will be grateful for any clothing that you no longer want or Little Bear has outgrown as these women often turn up in the middle of the night with only the clothes they are stood up in xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley, thank you, that is a good idea, I think I will try and find out where I can send stuff. atm clothes go to the clothes bank at the tip. Refuge, that is such a great thing to support! WS x