Tuesday 22 March 2011

Buzzing around

I left the door open while hanging washing out and the first blue bottle of the year got into the kitchen. We have an electric fly zapper, and I picked it up by the wire and got a shock.

I then went on ebay (my friend) to get some anti fly products, without much hope. But some stuff is on its way. As summer comes and more and more doors are left open, I expect the problem to get worse. Also there are lots of bees in the gardens, in varying states of fitness. Looks like honey in the chimney again.

Every year it is the same ongoing problem of having south facing white doors. This year I am going to try wiping them with citronella.

Also, evil cat went into the garden and I coaxed her down back into the house when I spotted Oscar hiding in the plant pots. It shook me up how much bigger he was than her. She is just a tiny cat, it's her attitude that is so huge. I am not sure she saw him, as I think her eyes aren't doing well. If I could get stuff other than tuna into her I think it would be better for her.

No comments: