Monday 21 March 2011

The cost of gossip

Apparently...

Apparently, while I wasn't paying attention and when I was probably stuck in front of Dora the Explorer, a police helicopter, several police cars - some with dogs, and what sounds like a full set of extras, rammed into a white van just outside the newsagents.

Well, I couldn't let this pass, could I? So I toddled along for a cup of gossip and I was mightily disappointed. I think that the man in the newsagents suspected something, but all I found out was that one man, and only one man, was dragged out by this cavalcade of police. I asked whether they were chasing Arnie, but apparently there was more meat on a butcher's pencil than there was on this man dragged out.

All the descriptions, cars rammed into the offside door so that the person could not get out, lots of blue flashing lights, whirling helicopter, and not one bit of decent gossip.

Also, while I was in there I accidentally bought a knitting magazine. And even that was not up to much, I was only mildly amused at the 'knit this sweater for only £90' tag - only £90? Hmm. Coat cost £10, and I paid more for it than I should have done, shoes were expensive at £20, top was secondhand and probably inexpensive, jeans were £10, underwear is certainly not expensive, though I think the bag was expensive for me at £10 - yes, my whole outfit for less than the yarn for the top. The yarn was pure silk, but I would have been terrified of snagging it. It was a nice pattern, but would need quite a bit of fiddling to make it not only affordable but wearable by my shape.

So gossip for me today was definitely unprofitable

No comments: