Friday 4 March 2011

Stopping shopping epic fail

After dropping little bear at nursery I went into town for a coffee and cake. I haven't done this for months, and I thought I could really use it.

So, cost of hot chocolate and cake was not exactly bargain basement but in the circumstances I thought it acceptable. Cost of two magazines to read while eating said cake - well, one was a 'want to look at this magazine for ages and have never seen it on the shelf' and one was a magazine next to it so could have been less expensive but I can salve my conscience.

Then I planned to walk up to the Art Gallery to go and be puzzled at the modern art. But I passed a Cath Kidston shop. I have never been one for girly flowers, I have resolutely refused pink, but something in Cath Kidston calls to me. Regrettably it is less than inexpensive. Sigh. I spent less than I could, and I think I can cope with it in smallish doses - the house is not likely to go floral. But I still spent.

Also there is now a Waitrose in the middle of town, which I hadn't realised. I popped in to see what the fuss was about, and came out with two dozen sausages that had better be worth the money and a treat for OH (who is poorly).

I think I have used up this month's allowance of treats already.

No comments: