Thursday 31 March 2011

Could be worse

Lesley - thanks to your advice the tummy trouble is only affecting one end.

I am feeling better but about to drag myself off to sleep. However I had just been managing to scoot around ebay at clothes for little bear. I am seriously thinking I may be able to do without new tops for him, at least until June or July. He is fine for vests, socks and undies. He does not need pyjamas or a dressing gown. Even last summer's coat (very flash and a real bargain from ebay) still fits - it was huge on him last year but I think I may manage the whole of this summer and it still looks good after a wash.

I am considering the jeans, I think that they will be okay for a few months yet. I don't think I will be able to get them to last the summer but now that I am not so concerned about accidents I don't need to buy in bulk so I can buy one or two pairs now and again. He can definitely manage for another two or three months. I suspect he will need new shorts, but I am holding out on that one to see if we actually get a summer.

In fact, the only thing that I will be getting for him any time soon is shoes. He wants flashing dinosaur shoes. He may be disappointed.

So I have no excuse to shop for little bear. I do need to have a clear out (again) of his outgrown clothes, but I think he will be alright, and in nice, comfy clothes as well. The Frugal Zealot suggested that if you see a bargain in clothing a year or so ahead then you should snap it up and store it. I have certainly seen some marvellous bargains in end of season sales, so eg buying some great summery tshirts in September for the size above him. However WE HAVE NO ROOM and I will keep reminding myself of that.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

well at least thats some sort of consolation

As for Little Bear and clothes I have the same problem with my four but I dont shop from Ebay as a general rule as I tried it a few times with disastrous results.

At the moment I am in pursuit of brown trousers and t-shirt as my youngest is to be a hedgehog in the school play but brown is a Winter colour and the shops are full of Spring clothes!I fear he may have to be a mutant hedgehog as I just cant find anything lol xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley - also considered pepper with bead up the nose!

Good luck with the hedgehog - how brave are you at dying things? But brown is a charity shop/ebay/jumble sale colour at the moment. Good luck! WS x