Saturday 19 March 2011

Mummy means it!

Little bear played out in the garden today. As it is a small garden and all the other kids were playing in the street, I let little bear play out of the garden for the first time. He had a great time, tearing around. However he insisted on going up the steep hill and I couldn't see where he was. I told him not to, then I told him not to or he would go in. The third time he was brought in, screaming and shouting. However I had warned him and he needs to know that I mean it.

However I can look forward to a spring, summer and school time of little bear being best friends with one of the biggest tearaways I have ever seen at four. Little bear's friend (lbf) used to live next door but one, as the child of the couple with the domestic violence and the police taking all the drugs away. They moved into the house three doors down when Her Three Doors Down moved. Lbf doesn't swear, always starts out clean and tidy and is wonderfully energetic. He is three months younger than little bear, will almost certainly be in the same class at school and is a few inches smaller. However if ever a child put dynamite and chainsaws on a Christmas wish list, that child is lbf. When little bear told me that lbf was his best friend a chill ran down my spine.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

All right Sybil you've been a little lax with keeping us up to date with the gossip here.When did the woman three doors down move out?Wasnt she the one who was hmm well entertaining her suitor in the car?

As for little bear having a more streetwise friend could be a good thing for him as his friend will look out for him and keep him safe


Lesleyxx

Anonymous said...

LBF sounds like a nice child especially considering his circumstances. Maybe he'll become a tree surgeon