Saturday 5 March 2011

Tired little bear

Last night little bear, while waiting for OH to finish on the computer and take him to start bedtime, told me he was just going to have a little rest, stretched out on the sofa and went to sleep. We carried and cuddled him upstairs and into pyjamas and he went out like a light.

Until 2am.

The volume that child can manage in the early hours is indecent in a four year old. I end up rushing him downstairs so he doesn't wake everyone up. I wasn't quite quick enough last night, darling father took two hours to get back to sleep. Little bear zonked out on the sofa, and I slept on the new fold out chair. It was okay - very warm. I suppose it was the insulation of the foam that helped. It was also very firm and while my back really appreciated it, my bad shoulder didn't. Little bear was up again at seven, though I managed to doze on and off for an hour or so more. It is remarkably hard to doze through a chatty little bear, and I feel guilty for even trying.

Once again tonight he was exhausted, and we have chased him into bed. Fingers crossed he sleeps or he will be ill with exhaustion. I look forward to this phase ending.

No comments: