Sunday 13 March 2011

Too many ideas

Having a bad time

But thought of a story for the forgotten village, or at least the start of a story. Apparently there were sin eaters in the area around the Shropshire/Wales border, not a million miles from where I envisage the forgotten village. The sin eater would attend the house where someone had died and have something symbolic to eat and drink, take some money and declare that they had 'eaten' the sins of the deceased. There has to be a story there.

That has cheered me up. Though no idea where the story would go and what I would do with it. Nor when I would have the time to write it. But I think it is a viable start to thinking about a story.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

That is indeed a very strange idea - let your imagination go and I'm sure you could do something with that!!

Wannabe Sybil said...

As you know, the idea is theologically unsound (aka cobblers) and Darren would be quite scathing about it. wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin-eater but I would be putting my own spin on it, of course. Thank you for the hug. WS x