Monday 28 March 2011

Operation Clutterbust

Yesterday I did quite a lot. The walk in cupboard and the dining room are absolutely and completely jammed with 'stuff'. Unfortunately that is where they are fitting a new gas meter on Wednesday.

So I have updated my totals, which includes 15 litres of fabric conditioner. Just before little bear was born I stocked up with non bio powder and gentle fabric conditioner, on offer at Makro at an extremely low price - I didn't know about white vinegar for conditioner in those days. Previously I had always used Bold 2 in one, so had never bothered with a separate fabric conditioner.

Well, as soon as I realised I did switch to white vinegar, and little bear switched pretty seamlessly to biological powder early on. I forgot about the fabric conditioner hiding in the back of the cupboard. Yesterday I found it again. I thought about it, then tipped it down the drain. The stuff came out in lumps, with the sickliest artificial smell.

I found all sorts. Sigh. There is still so much to do. But the house is feeling a little lighter.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Yay! Well done - I'm trying hard to get back to the holiday cottage feeling of uncluttered-ness but it is hard going!!