Sunday 20 March 2011

Shark!

We went to the Blue Planet today.

I loved it, we went all round, we went in the tunnel under the water and watched sharks and rays swimming over us. We even had a meal there.

I found it a bit frustrating as there was no map of the place, so it was hard to know if you had seen everything. Also the gift shop was bigger than some of the exhibits. However the beautiful fish, sea creatures and amphibians were so wonderful.

I asked little bear what was the best bit. He said, 'all of it'. However the playground with the super cracking corkscrew slide and climbing frame may have been his highlight.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Should have told me you were over! Blue Planet isn't the cheapest, but it is spectacular to wander through the tunnels with sharks swimming overhead.

All I ask is that when you take Little Bear to Chester Zoo, that I can go too and see how he reacts to the bat cave.

I've never got over my delight at the animals at the zoo, and still react like a 5 year old at the prospect of going! LOL.

Wannabe Sybil said...

I will definitely let you know - a trip to Chester Zoo is definitely on the cards this year! To anyone reading - Chester Zoo rocks and is a whole day, really a whole day to see it. But take your own sandwiches.

Little bear will love Chester Zoo! He is not entirely sure about the bats in Roundhay Tropical house, so he may be a bit timid. Or not, he doesn't seem to slow down for much! WS x