Thursday 4 August 2011

Carried away

I started to sort out a delivery of groceries for the end of next week. I looked through my favourites and thought, I could do with that, I suppose I am running a bit low on this, I could probably do with another tin of that.

Got to the end of the list (on mysupermarket, so lots of fiddling round with offers etc) and the total was, after all the fiddling round, over £300!!!!!

I don't normally approved of multiple exclamation marks, but I think they are justified here.

So I have gone through and carefully thought about the validity of each purchase. It is now down to around £75, but I hope to get it down further before the delivery.

The other thing I plan to do is purchase a trolley from my friend ebay and start walking to Makro. Many things are not cheaper there, but some things certainly are. I also intend to shop only for what is needed, building up my stores again in late October/early November for Christmas. I cannot waste money like this

3 comments:

ravylesley said...

I have a new website that is very similar to AF if you are interested and best of all they are having a big sale at the moment so lots of lovely goodies to be had at bargain prices

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

yes please, yes please, yes please, yes please!

(chance to do fantasy shopping, broaden horizons and stock up with goodies - I mean bargains! Heaven!)

WS x

ravylesley said...

http://www.bigbrandsforless.co.uk/

check out the clearance section

Lesleyxx