Thursday 18 August 2011

Impromptu expedition

In the desperate hope that this will make little bear nap later, I took him on an ad hoc visit to Roundhay Park.

He was good as gold going there, two buses to get there and he sat on the top deck each time. Then we got to the Park. It was lovely, the flowers were gorgeous. However it does look so much more like mid September. The Virginia Creeper was turning and there was a hint of dry and dusty around the area. On the way home I saw Michaelmas daisies - though they were early last year as well and I am not sure this is a good sign.

Little bear dragged me straight into the butterfly house. It was great fun, but little bear insists on going round in jig time. Unusually, the animals were moving. One snake seemed to be trying to bite little bear's finger through the glass - little bear was pointing but not banging or tapping as I wouldn't allow that. I think all the snakes were moving and one small iguana was positively racing around. The waterfall was off, however, which disappointed me.

Then on to an over priced sandwich in the coffee shop. Little bear decided it would be nice to sit outside, so out we went. Unfortunately a wasp was there first, and was being very clear about people coming in to crash on its table. Mind you, the wasp calmed down while it was helping itself to my tuna sandwich. I have never seen a wasp attack a tuna sandwich before, but it seemed to be tucking in with gusto. We went inside so that I could have a restoring cake.

The cake actually wasn't that restoring, as it cost 'HOW MUCH!' And then little bear only wanted to eat the icing on his! I persuaded him to have a go at the rest of it and he did have a small amount. At that price it tasted of dust and ashes to me.

He also purchased, courtesy of Grandad's pocket money, a sort of lizard head on a stick that open and shuts its mouth. He and a little boy were playing with it all the way on the first bus we got back. Then I stopped off in Forbidden Planet to see if I could get something for OH. Little bear was dismissive of my suggestions. We could get a book for Daddy. However little bear walked out with a sonic screwdriver that projects pictures (apparently) and was happy.

I am now exhausted. And if no nap occurs for little bear I am going to be cross.

No comments: