Saturday 6 August 2011

Is it Spring?

I seemed to have got a lot done today. There is a lot that needs to be done, the house is getting silly when it comes to clean/tidy/uncluttered and the Health Visitor cometh on Tuesday. This means that five minutes before the Health Visitor cometh I will be putting the finishing touches to the sparkling porch and living room and closing the doors on everything else.

However I have the room that was formerly a dining room in my sights. Before last night it was a sort of indeterminate fabric heap with an ironing board in the middle. Now it is a slightly more organised and smaller fabric heap with an ironing board in the middle. I have ironed for four hours today, and I am not nearly half way through. I have been ironing as and when for months, and I can't bare it any more. I have ironed thirty shirts for OH, darling father and little bear. Tomorrow I return to the task.

I have also been throwing many things out. There has been too many bits and bobs abandoned in there, and now they are going but I have one particular item that I am targeting - little bear's socks. Little bear has dozens and dozens of pastel blue socks, which I used to hate matching as some had a line round the top and some didn't but had the matching different coloured toe, and some had one of a pair shrunk in the wash or washed with something vividly red. They are all going. I suppose I ought to feel all sentimental and nostalgic about his little toes in the socks. Perhaps some would save a pair. I can't imagine me saving a pair, nor what I would do with them if I did keep them - frame them?

No comments: