Monday 22 August 2011

Little bear is early riser

I am not a morning person. I would rather get up late and stay up late. Other people prefer to be up early and in bed early. A lucky few can manage to stay up late and get up early. But I am definitely not a morning person. And my body clock seems to want 10 hours sleep, which it is not getting.

Little bear is, it seems, a morning person. At 6am, without fail, he trots downstairs and demands breakfast. I am very rarely impressed. It also means that I am not getting any writing done, as I can usually only get writing done after everyone has gone to bed - around 10pm or later. But I should be going to bed at that time to get enough sleep if I am going to have any chance at all the next day.

What is frustrating me, and worrying me a little, is that little bear isn't refreshed when he wakes up. He goes from flat out to bolt upright, but he is still tired. He just hasn't mastered the art of turning over and going back to sleep. We are getting him into bed earlier and earlier at the moment, sometimes as early as 6pm, just to try and get him caught up on his sleep before he has a complete crash.

I am currently leaving it to time. I think once he starts school then he will be tired enough to sleep in. Please - pretty please!

No comments: