Tuesday 16 August 2011

Poor Evil Cat

I rang the vet's practice this morning and spoke to the lady who treated evil cat. The very nice lady vet described evil cat as 'feisty' and 'a bit of a character'. That is not a bad way to describe an animal that fought, hissed, spat and tried to go for the face of anyone within range.

She is coming out (at a price) to examine evil cat where the poor cat will hopefully feel comfortable. She mentioned an x-ray, but understood that I was not keen. Apart from anything else, evil cat would have to be sedated, she couldn't be held - it took three to get a urine sample the last but one time. Evil cat is looking a bit too frail for casual sedation, and she would fight anything that even hinted at examination without it. The vet also understood why I wouldn't give evil cat tablets. If it was just me, I would endure the massive battles, hissy fits, war wounds and sulks. However I am not sure that evil cat could survive it.

I am more or less sure that evil cat is good for a little bit yet, but I don't want to take risks. Darling father said that if she was human she would have a stick or even be in a wheelchair. I agreed, and that she would probably be parked outside an off licence swearing at the passers by. But she is entitled to be grumpy at her age.

No comments: