Thursday 11 August 2011

Something finished

I started a knitted cushion cover. I just couldn't resist having ago, I had never done smocking. And I really enjoyed the smocking and knitting in the round and the three needle cast off.

To fill it I took a pillow case that had been in with something that had run in the wash and was now a delicate shade of grey, perfect for lining the grey woollen knitted case. I stuffed it with unravelled sweater, including a sweater that had been knitted years ago and was now not fit to wear and I had to unravel it quick before I wore it again.

I didn't do the rolled edge that the pattern called for. I knitted it (five feet long, five stitches wide, stocking stitch - yeurk!) but decided that I thought it looked better without it. So now I have a lovely firm, smocked front cushion, and I really like it.

I need to go some though to finish more. Under the influence of the anaesthetic (my story, and I'm sticking to it) I ordered enough yarn for three sweaters from Deramores. Yes, I couldn't buy either that style in the shop or anything that inexpensive for what the yarn cost. The patterns are all from a magazine that is part of the subscription that I got for last Christmas. All I need is the time to knit them!

No comments: