Monday 8 August 2011

Grumpy Sybil, cross little bear

Little bear is tired - very, very, very tired. We finally pin him in bed @ 8pm, he goes out almost immediately, and then wakes @ 6am, telling me through bleary and half shut eyes that he is not asleep. This morning he lasted until 7am - until evil cat woke him with yowling at the foot of the stairs. Evil cat only managed two yowls before little bear bounded out of bed and raced downstairs. I have been privileged to see little bear waking up. He goes from completely asleep to totally awake in a split second. I don't. It was in my half asleep state that I spilled a full tin of tuna over the floor. Evil cat gave me the look that said, if it ain't in the dish I ain't touching it. I was unimpressed.

So I have an exhausted little bear and I am shattered. I am having what I call a 'crash' where I could literally sleep for twenty hours (pre little bear I would). I could certainly sleep for ten or twelve hours a day for weeks on end before little bear without getting refreshed. Little bear's interesting sleep patterns are not helping. And darling father is requiring spare yarn for the Knitting Club at the Methodists. I am going to be forced to join them when little bear is at school, and I am dreading it.

So I am struggling in the junk room to find some double knitting (their request) that I haven't got earmarked for something else, and a bookcase falls on me. Fortunately it is empty and half height, so all I am is struggling and trying not to swear. Little bear is furiously shouting at me from downstairs because he wants me to change the setting on the computer.

By the time I get downstairs with the yarn little bear is incandescent. I am unimpressed and I have words. So we are all grumpy. Even evil cat, though I think she is just grumpy as a hobby. Darling father is having a bacon butty elsewhere and I think that is a sensible move.

No comments: