Wednesday 17 August 2011

What happened to summer?

This morning the light and the colour of the sky made me think it was autumn. It was the same sort of light that I remember seeing waiting at the bus stop when I had just gone back to school. What happened to the summer? What is going on? Where is the heatwave that I was hoping for so that I could wash all the blankets. I think the last spell of decent drying weather just got used up on normal washing.

The crab apples are ready, so are the blackberries. There are lots of ripe elderberries among the green ones and the hawthorns are looking quite red, though not quite the vivid scarlet they end up.

I am going to have to start winterise. Darling father wanted to paint the windows before the autumn weather set in. That can definitely wait until Spring

No comments: