Friday 19 August 2011

Random bits

Darling father is struggling a bit as he negotiates his new tablets. When I dashed across to get the new lot today (one reason he is struggling, because he only got the meds he needed today) I noticed that mock orange blossom was out. That is normally out in May/June. And it was next to red hawthorn berries, rosy crab apples and purple elderberries. I am unimpressed. I am hoping for a lukewarm winter.

One reason that I am hoping for a lukewarm winter is that I want to save on bills. On top of it all, darling father and OH want to start going to the theatre regularly. They both love live theatre, both can enjoy ballet, comedy, drama etc. We live in Leeds, with the West Yorkshire Playhouse and the Grand hosting all sorts and being the base for Northern Ballet and Opera North. City Varieties, home of the Good Old Days, is being reopened, and that is without bringing in the dozens of rather good amateur productions in the area. It's even less than twenty miles to the Alhambra in Bradford where I saw Derek Jacobi in Macbeth. But Hamlet the Ballet, with Northern Ballet at the West Yorkshire Playhouse, is £20 per head. That's the cheap Saturday Matinee tickets. Little bear will probably have babysitting, but I feel bad about taking advantage of the babysitters. OH's sister has had him twice last weekend, once when he was tired at the end of darling father's birthday do and when we were in the hospital with darling father. I need to get her something nice. Alcohol is probably a good place to start.

So I need to sort out the money. With poorly darling father, and not having a lot of fall back child care, I need to abandon the idea of working outside of the home and find ways of working at home. I need to stop spending silly money on silly things and sell stuff on ebay. I need to get organised at home so I am not buying things that I already have. I need to have a good long think about how I run things overall.

I think we are going to need to pay out for a stair lift soon as well.

Also evil cat was sick in the middle of the night, and she is definitely less than happy about jumping etc.

Also I need to sort out the next delivery that will include a birthday cake and ingredients for trifle as darling father and OH are both about to have a birthday - three days apart. Alcohol may also be involved. Not an inexpensive do.

This blog is called Wannabe Sybil's Witterings because I need to witter sometimes, and I know I just have. If I didn't have this I would go insane.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Witter away! If you can't on your own blog, where can you?

You've certainly got a lot on your plate at the moment, and a lot to think about but you have us all to talk to and I am sure that everyone who reads here will be supportive.

Hugs
xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for that amazing hug, it felt wonderful WSx