Tuesday 2 August 2011

I hate Dentists

I have dental phobia. It doesn't help.

I lost the crown so went today to the dentist. Apparently the pin needs to be re-done, so I am walking around until 10th August with a piece of wire sticking out of my gum.

I also apparently need work doing on a filling - a filling that started becoming loose when they did the crown. I suspect that they leant on the filling while doing the work.

I said I could only afford the crown (mainly because I need to stop the wire sticking into my lips, I can cope with toothache). So the dental technician explained to the receptionist that I was only going to have the crown done. Not only did she clearly explain this to the receptionist but it was also written on the notes.

So the receptionist gave me a form to sign which showed me having a further £500 of work on top. I had to be stroppy to get her to write me up for the correct amount. They have messed me about so much so many times.

After the treatment for the crown (which I have signed that I will pay for, so will go through with gritted and deteriorating teeth), I shall name and shame the practice, and I shall also be looking for somewhere else to sort out the filling.

And I did around £30 of comfort shopping as well - microwave rice which is incredibly useful when dealing with a stroppy little bear, some books for him and a puzzle thingy for darling father. I resent that almost as much.

No comments: