Tuesday 30 August 2011

Today I burst into tears

I burst into tears (briefly) when the loo roll holder fell off the wall.

It wasn't really about the long, long struggle to get the dratted thing on the dratted hooks where it had to be exactly right but was conveniently hidden by the actual holder. It was about yet another broken night because little bear's cough is still very bad. It was about trying to sort out where money was coming from for the clothes that I had just reluctantly ordered for myself, because £30 of it was for two tops to go out in. I don't want to go out much but I was humiliated by what I ended up wearing when we went out to lunch with darling father yesterday. And I don't think further lunches/theatre/ballet trips are avoidable. So as well as the jeans to replace my current jeans-with-gaping-holes-beyond-mending I have to get stupid tops. That I will have to keep for 'best'. And I don't even like the tops but I can't find the stuff for the 'larger lady' in a charity shop if I do get to them and I just have to go for what I can manage.

It was also about trying to work out what to do about the fire in the living room as OH has really put a stop on a multifuel stove, but there is no way that a twenty year old gas fire is fuel efficient and I am stuck for ideas. Also the bees may suffer if we don't use the chimney.

It was also about it feeling like the middle of autumn, and the huge mound of ironing, and wondering what on earth I was going to cook for tea. It was about the worry for little bear who has been really poorly and who has spent the entire afternoon reciting his vast Dr Who Monster Invasion card collection - swaps are not possible as he will not part with one. It was about evil cat who had escaped again this morning and ended up in the garden of next door but one, where Oscar was sneaking up on her when discovered, and she has been sick again, so that's sick daily. This is not good but she is still bright eyed, bushy tailed and was fighting me for my pillow at 1am.

Possibly also about PMT.

I am now going to concentrate on being cheerful. After all, things could be a lot worse. It isn't snowing yet.

3 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

[hugs]

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you - I feel lots better for a hug, really appreciate it! WS x

Morgan said...

Big hugs from me too. Days like that can really get you down!

Hope you are feeling more positive today.

xxxx