Wednesday 3 August 2011

Not right bright

The toaster has stopped working.

So I went on my friend ebay and got a very inexpensive replacement. Of course, if I had remembered that I go past the toaster we brought from darling father's about twenty times a day I would have saved even more money.

Sigh

Also, little bear was not being good. Looking objectively he was pushing his luck rather than being bad, but with one thing and another this morning, by the time I got him to nursery I was thinking, 'five more minutes and I would have been the subject of a documentary'. Of course I hardly even raise my voice to him, but I was seriously getting at the end of my tether. And he was just being an over heated, utterly shattered, over stimulated four year old dealing with a mum with acute sleep deprivation. Though the trick he has of standing exactly behind me and only a half inch behind me scares me - I worry about stepping back and hurting him in the house but I am terrified when I am out when he is not roughly in my field of vision. In a bustling shop or on a busy road it just isn't safe.

And I have spilled a full sachet of liquid air freshener two foot from where I am supposed to sleep tonight.

Also, evil cat has done a huge regurgitation of tuna all over the study carpet. I am blaming the heat.

1 comment:

ravylesley said...

Sybs its time to take some time out for you and I know you don't like imposing on your OH but I think you should book yourself a room at your local premier inn for either Friday or Saturday night and just go there to sleep and let your father and OH take care of LB for one night.I know you'll probably ignore this advice because on the whole us women just soldier on but having been severely sleep deprived in the past I know how much it messes with your mind so if you can take the time out and you will feel better for a full nights sleep

Lesleyxx