Monday 1 August 2011

Evil cat feels her age

Evil cat is regularly begging me for food. This is not new. However she is begging for food when she has just seen it put down, and when I go down to check she seems surprised (and delighted) to find tuna in her dish.

Senile tabby is not something I am looking forward to.

It is really hard because I know that this is stressing me a lot more than her, she has plenty of quality of life (and cuddles). What I hate, and what happened with malevolent cat, is the slow, imperceptible decline which makes it so hard find the point to say, 'no more'.

I hasten to add that evil cat is fine now, but I can see it stretching ahead, as I morbidly check her again, take her yet again to the vet (poor vet), check the water levels, keep an eye on the litter tray...

I'll do all that is needed. I remember that with malevolent cat, one day she just looked at me and I knew that she had had enough. Up until then I had done everything I could, without hesitation. I hope it is that clear with evil cat, and that she can enjoy the opportunities to be evil that still come her way for a long time before that happens.

I may harden my heart and get her booked into the vets again soon, just for a check up. Poor vet. It will put my mind at rest. And at the moment evil cat is still enjoying her life (apart from visits to the vets) and as long as that can continue then I will do everything I can.

No comments: