Tuesday 17 April 2012

All in my head

Today has been earmarked for clearing out little bear's old clothes, which hasn't been done for a few years and is very much overdue. In fact, little bear's old clothes are clogging up a lot of the dining room and it will make a massive difference if I can get rid.

Tomorrow I plan to start taking stuff to the places that buy clothes/charity shops/donate to next door/ebay/pass on as appropriate. Timing is important - an all day bus ticket, bought after 9.30am, costs me £3.80. If I buy one of those it will eat into any money that I make from the clothes (and I am not sure I will). And while it is nice to get out, spending £3.80 just to be disappointed and trudge to a charity shop is less good. The one I will be able to walk to is not yet open (darn!).

However, on Wednesdays little bear goes to piano lessons. I will need a ticket anyway, so I plan to make tickets bought on Wednesday work for me and do all the out-of-house running around. Or even just go into town and go to the museum/library/hot chocolate shop etc.

Except yesterday I nearly fell over and thought I was going to pass out. I have been feeling like this since the weekend - light headed and queasy. I feel sleepy and lethargic - rubbish in fact.

I can mutter about a virus, as darling father has suffered for weeks. I can mutter about lack of iron, lack of food - I still can't eat that well. I could grumble about daylight saving and stress and all the rest. However I have noticed that any time I make any headway in doing anything I seem to become ill. And I am making headway! There is more and more space and less and less ironing, as I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday. Once the dining room is clear and working then I move on to reorganise the kitchen, and so on. I am not giving up!

So I am going to continue plugging away, working on the assumption that it is all in my head. I may not get as much done as I would have liked, but I refuse to get nothing done.

No comments: