Monday 23 April 2012

A quiet day, I hope

Tomorrow the daughter of Nice Next Door is induced and will be having her baby. It has been a risky pregnancy, and I think everyone will breathe a sigh of relief when mother and baby are doing well.

I promised them I would knit stuff. They actually asked. Guess how much I have done...

So today I am knitting. I have a jacket to sew up, I have a pair of bootees finished, I have a hat almost finished, and if I can find it I have a moss stitch hat started and an instarsia cardigan that has gone horribly wrong but I should be able to fix. I also have a large quantity of yarn and a booklet by Patons of easy baby knits with double knitting on 4mm needles. A steady and focussed stint while I catch up with the tv programmes that have been lurking for a while on the sky box will get a bit done.

Also I am knitting in pink. It is not my favourite colour. It could be worse, though. At least the yarn is half way decent.

No comments: