Saturday 7 April 2012

Glass half empty

My jaw has locked. It has happened before, and resolved itself, and I hope it resolves itself again or I will have an interesting time trying to get to Drs etc.

Basically I can talk (just) and I can drink, but I can't lick my lips and I don't even want to think about eating. It hurts as well. And of course I can't open wide to get the loose crown fixed that is driving me nuts and feels like it is about to fall out.

This is the loose crown that originally I didn't know I had, and that the new dentist has made iffy murmurs about the post and I think when I do get to the dentist (about a fortnight before my scheduled appointment) it will need to be re-done (if that is possible).

Little bear has been slightly monster as well. He wants his daddy. I am sorely tempted to dig OH out of his pit and take his place. I am trying to find a glass half full moment. At least I am likely to lose weight.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

oh you poor thing !
So is it actually 'lockjaw' that you have ? you used to be vaccinated against that years ago, or is it something else ?
whatever, it sounds horrendous on top of everything else.
I'm so sorry, sending virtual hugs.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hugs much appreciated. I don't think it's lockjaw - other joints unaffected but my teeth didn't line up. I suspect a minor dislocation. My teeth line up now, so it is just a question of getting over it. Can't help but laugh - I can't open my mouth wide enough to take a tablet lol. I am going to be raiding little bear's baby nurofen. WS x