Thursday 12 April 2012

Little bear did not have a good time

I picked up little bear (in the middle of a hail storm, I did not appreciate it!) and he was not entirely happy. He had been good at the club, but he was very grumpy and tired - they had taken him on a walk at it was seven miles. I am not sure if it was actually seven miles, it could well have been if they were wandering up and down a canal for half a day, but little bear was very clear. It was too far! The lady at the handover was very tactful saying that they had had a nice walk but little bear had got tired, and everyone was at different stages, which is fair enough and little bear was probably among the youngest. He was likely the most vocal.

He grumbled all the way home (at least 100 yards) but was mainly inaudible due to rain, deliberately stood in a puddle and complained his feet were wet, and once home he lay flat on the sofa and refused to move. Then he grumbled through dinner, complained loudly about his ankle hurting and his knee hurting and that he couldn't walk. He was doing a comedy limp as he staggered to the foot of the stairs and OH had to carry him up.

Once in bed he couldn't bare to stand up to get undressed, couldn't bare to get out of bed to get a story book and generally groaned and cried out about his ankle like a professional footballer. As you can probably tell, I suspect he was milking it.

However I do think he went on a longer walk than he is used to, and that he was very, very tired (he was asleep, as far as I can tell, within five minutes of me leaving him), and his legs ache. He will almost certainly be stiff tomorrow. Which is a shame.

Tomorrow we have to be out of the house at 8.30 to go to the dentist. I know I am going to have my hands full, and after all his Easter Eggs I am going to have trouble bribing him with chocolate.

No comments: