Tuesday 17 April 2012

What to do tomorrow

I should have been asleep half an hour ago. However in about two hours I will be woken up when darling father gets in from the Jazz Club...

I am going to sleep after this post, though, I feel like I've been vampired. I am seriously considering taking garlic tablets. In all seriousness, I checked the carbon monoxide alarm.

Little bear was so exhausted tonight he wouldn't read his reading books. And the new teacher only gave him two, instead of three. He shall just have to go on a charm offensive if he wants more books, I am not interfering with a new teacher's ways. I shall push the reading tomorrow.

I wrote a to-do list for today. I have managed a small amount. It could be worse. I have been soooooo tired. However I am more likely to refer to this than any other list, so I will try and set out what I need to do tomorrow.

Get little bear to school, then straight from school over to the Nisa to get some ham (ten minute walk), then back to the lovely newsagents to get darling father's paper and milk. Get in, peel potatoes for dinner, have another go at the tray that the lamb was roasted in - it still feels a bit greasy so I shall have a go with some lemon juice (cheapo cheap jif lemon from approved food, bought for cleaning purposes). Then ring darling uncle and make a determined effort to put in all the numbers I need in my phone as so many were wiped for a second time, and that needs to include a taxi number.

Given how tired I have been, I shall then alternate between ironing (I think I need to iron for at least three hours per day for a while before I have caught up with all the backlog and kept up with the washing) and writing a personal short story for OH. I need to keep the washing machine going and I shall have to rely reluctantly on the tumble drier. A lot of the old clothes from little bear's past are so dusty that I want to re-wash them before disposing of them. And yes, this will generate a lot more ironing. I will definitely eat a proper lunch - soup, or eggs. I shall try and persuade darling father to have a home made lunch instead of fish and chips - but he does love his battered cod.

I shall collect little bear from school and take him to the piano lessons in a taxi (ouch!) Then we go from the piano lesson (by bus) to the town centre where we will buy some nice fish for tea and then home where it will be fish of some sort with mash and green beans.

In the evening I may insist on my right to doze, but I usually feel better in the evenings so I will try and manage a little more ironing, keep the washing going and perhaps try knitting some bootees. I have been trying to knit a cardigan in what I was assured was an easy pattern. Well, I keep starting with 158 stitches, casting off four and then finding myself with 155 stitches, and I am not sure how I am managing that. I usually can cast off without problems. Bootees are a better bet - the lady would like some, and if I make a total and complete wreck of them I am not frantically counting hundreds of stitches trying to work out where one has come from.

It all seems quite manageable set out like this. I shall see how it compares to reality tomorrow.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Too much for one day when you are not feeling that great....cut out some of it, somewhere, perhaps!

I find it helpful to divide the day into three parts - morning, after lunch and after supper, and to aim to do a couple of things in each section. When I am feeling rough, that is enough. If I am feeling bouncier, then more in each section gets done. Build a little more resting time in as well???

Here the world stands still between 1 and 1.45pm whilst the news is on the tv which I watch occasionally and the OH snoozes through, but we are usually sitting down and resting at least!

Hugs xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

This is very good advice. I shall carefully consider need to do against want to do. Thank you! WS xxx