Sunday 22 April 2012

Little bear is well dressed

Little bear came dashing in from the newsagent with OH, absolutely thrilled. "I've seen an eagle!" he announced happily. OH stood behind little bear and shook his head. He mouthed silently, "Crow."

On another note, little bear is very happy. I have been raiding my friend, ebay, and I have just totalled up my spend to @£40. That is including postage and has netted six shirts, ten t-shirts, three sweaters and a lightweight, leather look bomber jacket from Next that looks unworn. The shirts and t-shirts are okay, but little bear really, really loves the jacket. I know he didn't sleep in it (or at least he wasn't wearing it when he was calling for me at 3.30am because he couldn't find his rat) but he came downstairs in it this morning.

Little bear is currently fine for socks, undies, vests, school wear and jeans. With a little luck I will not need to buy him any thing more until the new school year in September. The clothes I have got are fine for a five year old to play in, some look as new. After looking at some of Matalan's stuff, it really has paid me to get the stuff from ebay. Earlier in the month I also got him four pair of pyjamas (another £28 spent there, but they were all new) and Matalan aren't doing pairs of pyjamas any more, they are selling tops and bottoms separately, and I certainly couldn't have go four pairs of pyjamas for that - it would have cost at least £10 more. And two of the pairs of pyjamas were Dr Who pyjamas, with cheap transfers that I know will not wash well, but cheered little bear up.

All the 'new' clothes have been washed. They have joined the huge, vast, heap of ironing that seems to have tripled in the last four days. I know what I will be doing for the next few evenings.

No comments: